Teacher/Parent Grant Recipients for 2022
The Beverly Education Foundation awarded 12 Teacher/Parent Grants totaling $12,359 at the recent Beverly Public School Committee meeting. The Teacher/Parent Grants benefit students, teachers, and various educational programs at all levels, in all schools within the Beverly Public Schools. The Foundation supports the wonderfully creative ideas of Beverly educators which enhance teaching and learning in a 21st century global environment. Grant awards support a wide variety of curriculum-based topics and projects that benefit all students. Grants are for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year and were awarded to teachers for the following initiatives:
2022 Grant Awards – $12,359 awarded:
Beverly High School
- 1:1 Learning Initiative Digital Divide Subsidy to provide subsidies for laptops for Beverly High School students who are caught in the digital divide.
- No Pain, No Gain Cognition & Wellness for a collaboration between the Library and Wellness Department whereby cardiovascular and balance training equipment will be placed in the library for students to enhance students’ physical, social, and cognitive wellness and ability.
- College Prep & Essay Seminar to hold Saturday college seminars for BHS seniors to provide additional support in the challenging essay writing and college application process including differentiated instruction adapted to students’ needs.
Beverly Middle School
- Beverly 3DP, to increase access to 3D printing benefitting Beverly Middle School students in engineering design, mathematics, and science by being able to better visualize, interpret, and solve problems.
Ayers Elementary School
- Promoting Literacy Development Through Decodable Readers to provide highly engaging decodable texts so our youngest learners may apply their knowledge of letters, patterns and sounds to learn to decode words to read.
Cove Elementary School
- Yoda’s Cove School Pet Project to promote improvement in a student’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive functioning using animal assisted therapy and two very cute guinea pigs called Yoda and Panda.
- Breakout EDU, to provide an immersive learning games platform where students will learn to collaborate effectively using clues and creative solving solutions to breakout.
- Decodable Text for Striving Older Readers, to provide decodable texts to expose and reinforce the most common words in English to at-risk, ELL, struggling readers, and special ed populations.
- Let Them Play! to provide Cove Kindergarteners hands on manipulatives and tools to foster opportunities for increasing social and emotional understanding through play as well as connections to the academic curriculum.
Hannah Elementary School
- Diversifying Representation in Character Art to broaden the diversity of the characters on the Hannah Library walls to better reflect the student body, the broader Hannah community, and the world in which we live.
North Beverly Elementary School
- Skills for Success Book Collection to fund a collection of books which will enrich student learning while also encompassing mental health, coping, responsible decision-making, and relationship building.
Beverly Pre-School at McKeown & Elementary District Wide Initiative
- Hooray for Health, to provide whole-body health and nutrition education programs helping our younger students make connections between healthy food and healthy bodies. (See video bleow)